Thursday, October 31, 2013

Speak Final Assignment

Task~
  1. Theres actually a lot of times when my inner and outer voice disagreed. One time last year around the same time (fall). My step cousins came down from Canada for a visit. My guy friends kept calling me and asking me to come outside because they were near my dads house. I also had to deal with my step sisters because i knew they would tell on me. So me and Celina (my step cousin) came with a plan. We said to the parents that we were going to play manhunt but of course my step sisters wanted to come. So we ended up having me and Celina on one team and my step sisters on another and we told them to go hide as we “count”. We ended running to the end of my street and meeting up with my friends. Celina and i both felt very eerie about the situation and we knew in our gut that something was gonna happen. A few minutes later as i finally listened to Celina and walked back to my house, my dad was standing outside. We weren’t in trouble but i was still mad but i should’ve trusted my inner voice and told him the truth about what we were doing but my outer voice just told him she wanted to talk to someone. But he eventually found out that we were with my friends and he was annoyed. Long story short i shouldn’t of lied to my dad about where we were AND we should’ve told where we wanted to go in the first place.
  2. A time when my inner and outer voice were in sync is actually a lot. If i'm sad or mad you’ll know. Like the time i first got my braces..it was the first week i got them on and my teeth were still KILLING. I told my mom to make pasta because i couldn’t eat anything and guess what she makes. CHICKEN. She makes chicken and i couldn’t even chew it. I was so upset on the inside and it showed on the outside. I was so annoyed and angry. Whenever i can’t eat what i want or when i want, i get frustrated. I ate yogurt and ice cream that whole week and i was not happy.
  3. B-
          At the end of the book there was a time when Melinda’s outer voice and inner voice was in harmony. When she was in the janitors closet and Andy tried to attack her again. She fought back and that was her gut instinct. She screamed and wouldn’t let it happen again. And it worked. Mostly, i feel, that if you listen and follow your gut instinct its good. If you don’t feel right about something then you shouldn’t do it.        

No comments:

Post a Comment